Journal of a multimedia collaborative news project with the participation of 100+ students from 8+ universities across Lebanon ----- "It was one of those really, really, long days :-) "

Friday, May 29, 2009

Journal Of A VideoSoldier: 2nd Entry

I just came back from the first Rootspace fund raiser for “Sawtashabab” and I have to say it was F******* Awesome. If you have never seen Ayman dancing Salsa then you have seen NOTHING at all. Amongst the loud music, alcohol, Dima trying to take away as much money as possible in any means necessary; I came to the realization that this ALL BEING DONE FOR US. Although Dima keeps repeating it every step of the way, it just hit me that these individuals are giving us their free time and patience to provide a voice for our generation. In my dark rendition of reality such individuals are too good to be true but there they were, working their asses of to create something that won’t benefit them in any way, shape or form.

To my fellow youth, most of you didn’t bother to show up to your OWN fund raiser. Please do not say that you were busy because you are in no way busier that all the future reporters that had work in the morning. I am not saying that I’ve treated this with the respect and appreciation it deserves but it just came to my realization that whether I give a shit about politics or not, I have to thank these people from the bottom of my heart because they give a shit about me.

Ayman

Dara

Dima

Mounir

Thank you for everything and I hope we make you proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment